The roots of Corvallis Feed and Seed were laid in 1940, when Mr. Packer, the father of our past manager Harold Packer, ran the business from the late 1800’s era Carniage Factory building in downtown Corvallis, Oregon. In our early years and up until the plant burned down in October 1981, we provided grass seed cleaning and marketing services. During this time, Harold Packer had assumed managerial responsibilities and was in charge of the company for over 40 years, before David & Carolyn Lockwood of California moved up to take over the reins.
As was true when we first opened our doors, feed is a major business and an important part of our economy, and we take pride in the work that we perform and in the product we deliver. We strive to maintain the culture and values that were engrained in the company when we first opened for business over 65 years ago.